This short informative video discusses the importance of voting and the statistics of voting in the Texas Hill Country.
This course has been approved by the Texas Education Agency for 4 CPE credits. The League of Women Voters-Kerrville Area CPE provider number is: 902299
This course was developed by the League of Women Voters - Kerrville Area, to help inform the public about the issues and warning signs of human trafficking. The intent is to make this online learning module freely available to any interested party including parents, teachers and legislators.
Learning objectives are:
• Identify vulnerable individuals and marginalized communities
• Recognize forced criminality - victims hidden behind the crime
• Describe need for security in high risk environments
• Examine the realities of human trafficking
• Discuss federal and state laws defining and prohibiting human trafficking
• Correctly label human trafficking as a form of abuse
• Define risk factors for school aged children
• Recognize indicators of human trafficking
• Plan approaches to responding to an outcry
• Identify how to report human trafficking
• Devise proactive approaches for school districts
• Locate resources for further information